So, I’ve decided to jump on the bandwagon and do a list of my Top 10 books of the year. Like every other blogger, I have found this a really difficult task as I have read over 150 books this year and so many of them have been amazing. However, I have been ruthless and narrowed it down to the ten that have stood out for me for a variety of reasons.
These have been the ones that have made me laugh, made me cry, made me think, made me feel, inspired me or have felt very innovative, sometimes all at the same time.
I am sure my choices will be very different to anyone else’s, but that is the joy of reading – there is something for everyone and every mood.
My thanks to all of the authors whose fabulous books I have enjoyed this year, not just those on this list, and I look forward to enjoying more times with you next year.
10. The Backstreets of Purgatory by Helen Taylor
9. The Music of the Deep by Elizabeth Hall
8. All The Little Children by Jo Furniss
7. The Continuity Girl by Patrick Kincaid
6. Battlestar Suburbia by Chris McCrudden
5. All The Hidden Truths by Claire Askew
4. Miss Marley by Vanessa Lafaye with Rebecca Mascull
3. The Guilt of the Sparrow by Jess B. Moore
2. Palm Beach Finland by Antti Tuomainen
1. The Songs of Us by Emma Cooper
So there we go, my Top 10 books or the year. I’d love to hear your thoughts on my list. Have you read and enjoyed any of my top 10? will you be adding any to your TBR for 2019? Do you have a list of your own? Let me have you thoughts.
Now, a few weeks ago I promised that, if I reached 2,000 followers by the end of the year, I would give away copies of my top 5 books from this list to one of my followers. My stats now stand at 2,038 followers, so my thanks to all of you for helping me reach this goal, I am absolutely overwhelmed. The winner of the books, drawn at random, is Louise Heather. Congratulations, Louise, I have emailed you about your prize.
Thank you all for following my blog this year, may I just wish you all a Happy New Year and I will see you in 2019.